This vegan lentil recipecan be a lentil salad dressed having a crimson wine vinaigrette. You can get a great portion of greens within this meal, that is often a healthful matter to perform. This recipe incorporates each lettuce, which is served fresh and lightly dressed, and swiss chard, which gets lightly cooked with all the lentils. Greens are some thing that can continually get applied a lot more with your diet, and they support from the digestion of lentils. Protein and calcium are found in lentils, in addition to numerous other nutrients. Their earthly flavor is contrasted using a tangy sunflower seed crumble to top off this warm lentil salad.
Serves four being a meal.
Vegan Lentil Recipe Ingredients
- one Tbsp olive oil
- one diced onion
- one clove minced garlic
- 1 diced carrot
- one bay leaf
- 1 cup lentils (dry measure)
- 1 Tbsp red wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pink wine vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 bunch chard
- ½ mind crimson leaf lettuce
Sunflower Seed Crumble Topping:
- ½ cup ground sunflower seeds
- one-two Tbsp nutritional yeast
- sea salt to taste
- one Tbsp olive oil
Vegan Lentil Recipe Directions
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil in a very big pot on moderate heat. Cook them till they may be translucent.
- Up coming saute the carrots until eventually they are slightly cooked.
- Add the dry lentils and bay leaf, and add wine if making use of it. Add a couple of cups of drinking water to your pot provide it to a boil. Flip the warmth along to some simmer after it reaches a boil, and cook the lentils for 20-30 mins, until eventually they are really soft but not falling apart.
- Whisk jointly pink wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and allow sit to combine though the lentils are cooking.
- Make the sunflower seed crumble by grinding the sunflower seeds in the coffee grinder or blender. Pour them right into a bowl and add nutritional yeast and salt. Add about a tablespoon olive oil, just plenty of to stir the mixture along right into a crumbly texture.
- Drain any excess liquid away from the lentils the moment they're cooked, and stir in most of the red wine vinegar dressing, leaving some to gown the lettuce. Chop the rinsed chard and add it for the pot, stirring it in to the lentils. Keep this around the warmth, on minimal, for no less than 10 mins.
- Rinse, dry and tear the lettuce. Toss it together with the remaining dressing in a very big bowl. Make a mattress of lettuce on a plate, topping it aided by the lentil mixture. Conclude this vegan lentil recipe away by sprinkling a tablespoon of the sunflower seed crumble on top. You will have some crumble still left around for a different meal. It is really excellent on pasta, pizza, stir fry, or fairly much anything at all you'll be able to believe of.